Billions of people use the internet every day, which is why it’s crucial to develop a functional website. A website allows businesses to have an online presence 24/7, educate existing and new target audiences, and build credibility on the World Wide Web. Most importantly, a website can be a business’s ticket to gain consumer insights.
To ensure that your website drives success to your business, you need to build one properly. Businesses, both large and small, are exerting a lot of resources to ensure that their websites attract customers, and building yours just for the sake of it will never bring long-term success.
Build a successful website this 2022 by following this guide:
- Have A Plan
Creating a website is a long process, and not having any plan will cause you to go in circles. How can you determine which to prioritize and do next if you don’t have any plans? Do you think you can assess progress without any plan in mind?
Building a website in 2022 should start by developing a realistic plan. During this state, you should create your sitemap (how many pages and sections will your website have), determine the main focus of the website, and the topics you want your website to cover. Brainstorming about your website’s color considerations and structure should also be completed at this stage.
With a plan, making decisions as you go along the process will come off easier. For example, a plan will help you determine if you should use a multipurpose WordPress theme or build a theme from scratch.
- Think About Your Domain Name And Logo
Websites are common in business today, so make sure that yours stand out. Fortunately, choosing the right domain name and logo can help you achieve this goal.
A domain name is an identification string users type into their browsers to access a particular website. For instance, the domain name for Facebook is Facebook.com. Having a strong domain name is essential as it gives your business professional credibility online and establishes your business as forward-thinking and tech-savvy.
When selecting a domain name for your website, make sure that it’s short, simple, and easy to remember. It’s also important to use a domain that’s easy to type and pronounce and contains a keyword that reflects your website. Refrain from using numbers and hyphens, as this will only make your domain name harder to remember.
Another thing that you should carefully plan for your website is the logo. Your logo plays a vital role in the success of your website because it expresses your business’s values and quality. Online users will immediately associate your business with your logo—use a poorly designed logo on your website, and web users will likely have a negative impression of your business. This is often enough reason for people to patronize your competitors.
One of the best tips you should follow when creating a logo is to make sure it’s unique. Yes, you can draw inspirations from logos of successful brands, but you should never copy details, regardless of how minor you think these are. Aside from facing legal repercussions, using a logo similar to your competitors will prevent your website from standing out online.
- Design Your Website
The appearance of your website is important as this can make or break a web user’s decision to stay on your page. In fact, 88% of users never visit a website again if they’re unhappy or unsatisfied with their online experience. Your website design also impacts its visibility in the Search Engines Results Pages or SERPs.
First impressions last, so prioritize having a well-designed website for 2022 and beyond. A well-designed website will surely please users and encourage them to stay on the platform longer. This will dramatically increase your chances of converting them into buying customers.
When designing your website, don’t forget to incorporate the following:
- Mobile-friendly: More than half of the online traffic comes from mobile phones. With this in mind, prioritize creating a mobile-friendly website. This means that your website should offer the same features and display the same content to users regardless of how big or small their screens are.
- User-friendly: Make it easier for online visitors to use your website by adding a search bar and making navigation intuitive. Your website should also have call-to-action buttons, as these will guide online users on what to do next and encourage them to take action on your website.
- Fast loading speed: Statistics show that 53% of online users leave a website if it takes longer than three seconds to load. High bounce rates (the percentage of online visitors who enter and then leave a website) can mean losing billions of dollars annually. Ensure that this doesn’t happen to your business by creating a website that loads fast. There are countless strategies to help you achieve that goal, including optimizing images and improving server response time.
- Optimize Your Website For SEO
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the practice of improving your website to boost its visibility when online users search for products or services related to your business. The more visible your website is online, the easier it’ll be for you to attract new customers to your business and users to your website.
Adapt SEO practices when building your website to ensure that it receives more organic traffic. Over time, getting more organic traffic can help you increase your profits and consumer base.
Here are three basic SEO tips you can use for your website:
- Use long-tail keywords: Put yourself in the shoes of online users and think about what possible keywords they’ll use when searching for your website. Add those keywords to your website to ensure that the website appears on the search engine result pages (SERPs).
- On-page SEO: Some of the most essential on-page SEO techniques you should use are publishing high-quality content, optimizing images, and formatting headings and subheadings properly.
- Image descriptions: Adding relevant descriptions to the images on your website will help your website rank better in the SERPs. This works because Google relies on keywords to display images rather than visual signals.
Partner With A Professional
Building a website isn’t an easy feat, so consider working with professionals to help you out. If you don’t have the experience and tools to build a website, it’s best to work with an experienced web developer or designer. The benefits your business can enjoy from a professionally made website will surely outweigh the costs of the services!