In the early 2000s, we saw the advent of words like entrepreneurship and startup on the horizon. Since then the world of business has witnessed radical changes with smaller businesses being able to create niches of their own that have allowed them to gain the ability to compete against big boys in their respective industries. Startup culture has surely picked up. The number of success stories you hear every day and the media hype forces you to think hard about diving into the world of entrepreneurship and owns a startup? Does all this convince you to jump on the startup bandwagon or become an entrepreneur?
If your answer is yes, then you are not alone, because there are many more that have the same opinion as you do. Before we go any further, let us get one thing straight. Having your own startup will expose you to world emotions and situations. It can be exciting, rewarding or it can be challenging and disappointing. Running a startup has its own highs and lows so you should be prepared for all that.
Are you looking for some motivation to start your own business? Are you in search of some inspiration that can lift your spirits? If the answer to both these questions is yes, then you are at the right place. In this article, you will get all the stuff needed to keep you motivated and focused towards your startup.
What Google Trends Says?
Market trends are great indicator about where a particular industry is heading. These trends help us to predict the future and give us a sneak peek into the future of the industry. Google Trends is an ideal tool that provides you with the necessary information related to search trends. But, what does it says about the startup culture? Let us see.
The data above clearly indicates an exponential growth in popularity of startups from 2012 to 2016. From 2004 to 2011, the graph reflects a steady pattern indicating low popularity of startups. The graph is moving in the upward direction, which is a great sign for those who are planning to start their own business. One thing is for sure, this startup trend will not going to end anytime soon.
Expert Advice for Entrepreneurs
Overcome Fear of Failure
What is stopping you from starting your own business? Most probably, it is the fear of failure. But don’t let the fear of failure stop you. Winston Churchill once said, “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm”. To be a successful entrepreneur, you should learn from your mistake and never give up after experiencing failure. As Thomas edison puts it, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Persistence and Patience
According to statistics, almost half the startup fails in first five years of their existence. The biggest reason of this is that they try to scale too fast too quickly. Steve Jobs once said, “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” If you want to run a successful startup, then you should be patient. Another trait that most entrepreneur most possess to be success if persistence. Have a never say die attitude. Napoleon Hill sums it up brilliantly, “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.”
Keep an Eye on New Opportunities
If you want your startup to be successful, then you should look for new business opportunities all the time. Michael Dell shares his journey when he said, “It’s through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we’ve always mapped our path.” Think out of the box and come up with new and innovative ideas to stand out from the crowd. A business opportunity that can take your startup to the next level is just around the corner, you just have to be ready to grab it with both hands. Richard Branson said, “Business opportunities are like buses, there is always another one coming.”
Advantages of a Startup
After reading all the things mentioned above, your motivation level must be high but let us take it to the next level by looking at some of the advantages of having your own startup.
- No Restrictions: If you feel confined in a shell while doing normal 9-5 job and cannot display your real talent and skills, then having your own startup is a better option. There would be no restriction to worry about and you will be free to do what you like.
- Full Control: Another advantage of having your own startup is that you have full control over everything. Entrepreneurs are not held responsible for someone else fault like in teamwork.
- You Get All The Money: Probably the biggest advantage of having your own startup is that all the money comes to you. You do not have to live on a fixed paycheck anymore. Depending upon the nature of business, you can earn much more than you used to do on traditional 9-5 job. This brings financial stability that you always wanted to achieve.
- Creativity: Although, most of us might not see it that way but a startup usually forces you to think, innovate and come up with new ideas to run and grow your business. You can put all your skills and previous experience to good use and take your startup to the next level.
- Ownership and Hard Work: When you own everything, you will gain the recognition and get all the credit of your work. As the saying goes, “With great power comes, great responsibility.” Hard work is another trait that you will learn along the startup journey.
From looking at Google trends data to expert advice to benefits of having your own startup, all factors favors having a startup of your own. Get rid of fear of failure and be patient and persistent. Keep an eye on business opportunities all the time and think out of the box. In return, you get full control over your startup and financial stability without worrying about any restrictions.
At the end, I am going to leave you with some videos that will keep you motivated throughout your startup journey. Do check these videos out.
Listen to inspirational Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Address
Entrepreneurs can change the world
Listen To Rocky Story and Learn how he coped up with challenges in his life
Valuable Advice From 50 Entrepreneurs
Get Over Procrastination With Jack Ma’s formula