Project Management Institute (PMI) is a non-profit organization that focuses on all aspects of Project Management. Founded in 1969, PMI now serves over 2.9 million professionals, including more than 500,000 members in 208 countries and territories worldwide. PMI’s services include the development of standards, research, education and hosting conferences and seminars related to project management.
PMI Conference is their flagship annual event, which also marks the 50th year of PMI in 2019. The main event will be held from 5-7 October in Philadelphia at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, with pre-conference seminars and events starting from 1st October.
Over the years, PMI Global Conferences has created a niche for itself as being the premier platform for professionals in the project management field. It is a golden opportunity for anyone looking to meet like-minded professionals from around the world.
The Golden Jubilee celebrations are evident this year as PMI is offering a host of events, conferences, seminars, and TED talks to make the event special and memorable.
What’s in It for the Professionals?
A host of benefits are offered by PMI this year across the 3-day event. With pre-conference and post-conference seminars, PMI aims to provide more knowledge and opportunities to professionals through these seminars and a symposium as well, which will be held on 4th October.
Key Benefits of attending this Global Conference are:
- Up to 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs) across PMI Talent Triangle
- Around 80 educational sessions on offer, including TED session
- Wide scope of learning new practices and approach to apply in any company or organization
- Hear keynote addresses and speeches of renowned experts in the field as they offer deep insights about new practices in Project Management.
Networking is another key aspect for all the participants as they can meet Project Management practitioners worldwide. With all the best minds gathered in one place, multiple networking opportunities are available for people to turn them into professional connections.
When: Saturday, 5 October at 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Speaker: Adam Grant
Adam Grant, an American psychologist and author, who is the youngest tenured professor at the Wharton School. Mr. Grant will discuss “How Non-Conformists Move the World” which is also the title of his latest book.
When: Sunday, 5 October at 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Speaker: Roger Martin
Roger Martin is currently the world’s number 1 management thinker. He is a professor emeritus at the University of Toronto and author of several acclaimed books on management.
This year, the list of speakers includes project management experts, professors, industry leaders, startups owners, and people in leading positions in some of the most reputed companies. Take a look at some of the speakers who will offer words of wisdom to the audience.
- Jody Adams (Director, Strategic Portfolio Office, Metlife)
- Narasimha Acharya (Assistant Director, Ernst and Young)
- Douglas Bower (PMP, Ryerson University)
- Tom Witman (Head of Business Development Sprinters, Amazon Web Services)
- Joel Stone (Program Developer and Agile Coach, Caterpillar, Inc.)
- Louise Games (Global Product Manager, PMI)
When: Saturday, 5 October 2019 7 pm
One of the marquee events of the PMI Global Conference awards gala is all about honoring the best in the project management field. Awards include
- PMI Project of the Year
- PMI Fellow Award
- PMI Project Management Journal Paper of the Year Award
- PMI Research Achievement Award
Over to you
If you need more information about this PMI conference 2019 or want to offer your feedback, you are more than welcome. Please use the comments section below in this concern.