eLearning has become the most effective and advanced way to train your employees in recent years. eLearning can not only impart theoretical knowledge but also help people develop new practical skills. The fact is that the learners can learn from the experts (who can be present at any part of the world) cost-effectively.
Are you looking to upgrade to eLearning solutions for your organization’s training needs? Not sure if you should introduce a Learning Management System (LMS) or not? An LMS is a tool that manages all aspects of your eLearning experience, including the content, delivery, feedback, documentation, etc.
What is an LMS exactly?
An LMS is a platform that acts as a virtual classroom for online training. The main aim of an LMS is to make the user experience smoother and necessary information readily accessible to all. By introducing an LMS in your organization, you make sure that you invest in your employees which in turn will be beneficial for your employees.
Benefits of introducing an LMS in your organization:
- Single Storage Location – Usually, the content is spread over multiple devices or hard drives; eLearning stores all the data within a single platform. This makes finding the right content easier and also minimizes the risk of data loss. If you’re using a cloud-based LMS, all the employees can access information on the go even from their smartphones (if needed).
- Reduces Learning Time – An effective LMS identifies the learning gaps makes sure to deliver the relevant information. Instead of attending the full class, learners can select the appropriate module and gain knowledge. This reduces the learning time as the need to sit through complete sessions is eliminated.
- Automate New Hire Training – The HRs have to go through the same monotonous induction process again and again. Also, the managers/team leads have to deliver the same information when a new employee joins. This wastes a lot of time which can be better utilized. With the introduction of an LMS in employee training, all the repetitive and monotonous training programs can be put on auto-pilot.
- Reduction In Learning Costs – Training workshops/sessions are costly, and the cost of travelling makes the expense shoot through the roof. Investing in an LMS is a one-time expense. While doing an LMS comparison, you can also choose a more cost-effective version that will further reduce your initial investment, and then scale it up as your training needs grow.
- Convenience In Training Expansion – If you feel that there is a gap in your eLearning content and need to enhance it by adding modules, an LMS is an invaluable asset. You can sign in and add the necessary information without affecting the entire eLearning process. Moreover, the content is stored in one location, which means that it will be updated for everyone using that content.
- Keeps The Employees Updated With Company Policies – Company policies and compliance rules change regularly and often, the employees are not communicated about the same. This causes a lot of hassle at the workplace. A compliance LMS can be your best friend here as you can easily update the rules and the same will be notified to all the employees. Another advantage is that negligence in following compliance rules can lead to hefty penalties, and if the employees are updated about the same, such losses can be easily avoided.
Introduction of an LMS in your organization boasts multiple benefits. Your staff will be more skilled; you’ll save on additional costs, unwanted losses will be avoided – there’s no reason not to introduce an LMS. More and more organizations are implementing an LMS to make their training convenient and smoother. When are you?