Starting a business is not everybody’s cup of tea. Trust me, Entrepreneurs, business owners, and project owners cannot succeed without soliciting the help of a group(s) of people who have that experience and can guide them better. Without these networks of people, it becomes a challenge for small business owners & project managers to scale their business on their own.
If you’re a professional, there is a high chance that you’re already present on LinkedIn. A social media network with over 500 million users spanning more than 200 countries, can be a great resource to network with industry experts and join heads with like-minded people.
For years, LinkedIn groups were regarded as a hub of all the spam and self-promotional posts, but the recent changes in LinkedIn Groups empowered them to help project management professionals, Entrepreneurs, and small business owners.
LinkedIn Groups are one of the most overlooked tools that the site has to offer. If you’re an entrepreneur, these groups can be an invaluable and inexhaustible resource to help you improve and grow your business. Here are 10 LinkedIn groups that all Entrepreneurs should consider joining.
LinkedIn Groups for Project Managers
- The Project Manager Network: A group managed by Recruiter.com, a leading career site specializing in recruiting. This dynamic group comprises of 869,241 members, who discuss topics pertaining to project management methodologies, the dynamics of team leadership, software recommendations, and much more. In this group, you can find tips on how to manage your team effectively and share experiences that worked for you.
- Project Manager Community: Join the # 1 Project Management Community for project, program & portfolio management. Find jobs, raise discussions and meet others of your ilk! Another large group accommodating 370,842 members, where you can discuss anything related to project management including PMP certification, PMBOK PDU, Prince2, software development, CMMI, IEEE, ISO, Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, ITIL & PMO. This group is owned by ProjectManager.com.
- PMI Project, Program & Portfolio Management: An Official group of Project Management Institute, this vibrant group boasts over 233,836 members. All group discussions center on career training, latest PM courses, and advance career tips. This is the right place to glean all the information about PMP certification.
- PM Link: While it seems like mountainous efforts to group together 83,613 members in the field of project and management under one umbrella, this group achieves it to perfection. The discussions in this group are all about PM tools, methodologies, PMP exam, and tips on how to manage your team and projects in an efficient way. The group is managed by PMLink.com
- Project Management 2.0: In this group constituting 20,939 members, there is a huge opportunity for project managers to learn the agile methodologies, tools, and discipline needed to run an effective team. The group is used by innovators, thinkers, and experienced projects managers who share million-dollar advice for free.
LinkedIn Groups for Entrepreneurs
- Digital Marketing: A group with over 1,152,317 members is dedicated to helping digital marketers from across the globe. Usually, the group contains topics ranging from mobile marketing, social media marketing, and industry reports, to email marketing. The group is an excellent resource for all the Entrepreneurs out there.
- On Startups: A group of 641,161 members where Entrepreneurs can discuss your problems pertaining to sales, finance, operations, marketing, and startup failures. The group was started by a bunch of Entrepreneurs who help each other navigate through the choppy seas of the initial years of a startup.
- Executive Suite: A group of 326,750 people where all the high-profile executives connect and share advice related to decision-making, leadership, and team management. When you become a member of the group, you will get access to the discussion board, web-series, and all the practical advice you need.
- A Startup Specialists Group: 284,142 members combine to form an online community aimed at helping Entrepreneurs and Startups find mentors and investors by pitching ideas. Here you’ll also find crowdfunding, best business advice, and a lot of networking.
- Band of Entrepreneurs: This group of 26,752 members is lead by Entrepreneurs to facilitate fellow founders and startups and to support them in areas related to human resources, PR, technology, and idea generation. The idea of this group is to facilitate and accelerate the development of the Entrepreneurial /startup ecosystem.
Over to you: What are your favorite LinkedIn Groups?
LinkedIn is the best platform to reach professionals who are interested in connecting with other professionals. This makes it a great platform for Entrepreneurs, Startups, and Project Managers to help them scale their business.
What are your most favorite LinkedIn Groups that have helped you with your business?